We welcome the Government’s decision to allow golf courses to re-open. The Directors and staff have been considering the necessary steps required ahead of re-opening using England Golf’s “Play Safe, Stay Safe” framework and adapting our procedures to ensure compliance with Government restrictions.
From resumption of golf on Wednesday 13th May 2020 the following protocol and local rules are mandatory:
- If you are ill or have COVID symptoms, stay at home
- All rounds MUST be pre-booked on BRS or by contacting the Pro-shop or the Office, under no circumstances should you arrive at the club without booking in advance
- All rounds are for MEMBERS ONLY no guests
- Maximum number of golfers per time is 2
- 10-minute intervals between tee times
- The clubhouse & Locker Room will be closed, there will be access to toilet facilities only (if you need to remove any equipment from the locker room, please make arrangements by calling the club)
- Aim to arrive no more than 10 minutes before your tee time and change in the car park
- Always observe 2 metre social distancing rules
- The practice area and practice putting green are temporarily closed
- Play will start on the 2nd to support social distancing flow
- Hand sanitizers will be placed at the entrance of the pro shop and at the entrance of the gents locker room door which will be the access to both toilets, please use the sanitizer before and after your game.
- Do not enter the next teeing area until the group in front have played and left
- There will be no tee blocks, benches, bins, ball-washer’s, or divot boxes
- Flagsticks will be on the green’s, but hole cups will be raised to avoid contact, please DO NOT touch the flags or pins
- Bunkers have not been part of essential maintenance and initially will not be in play
- After your round, return directly to your car, put your equipment in your car and leave
- The Pro-Shop will be open with restrictions in place under PGA guidelines
The new procedures severely restrict the number’s able to play daily. To give fair access and opportunity to all, we recommend (initially) that members book 2 x 18-hole rounds per week, consider essential workers having access to weekend times and not to block book. We are happy for members to have extra rounds to fill any gaps.
The new protocols will be closely monitored, constantly reviewed, and updated as required.
We look forward to welcoming everybody back and a return to some form of normality, these restrictions are not going to last forever but we must live with them and be patient while they are in place.